Sunday, October 4, 2009

twin cities marathon

Well, I survived. So did Ike and Maddie. I think one marathon in life is enough...and will stick to half marathons in the future. It actually wasn't all that bad, just took a long time to finish. Maddie ended up with the best time of us three at 4 hours, 27 minutes. Ike finished in 4 hours, 36 minutes, and I ended up at 4 hours, 46 minutes. Our realistic goal was to finish under 5 hours, although we all hoped to complete the 26.2 miles in around 4 hours 30 minutes.

The three of us around mile 6. Happy as can be! A few miles down the road, we told Ike he was too fast for us and sent him on his way. Maddie and I stuck together until mile 13, and then I sent her on her way. I was for sure Ike would be the first to finish, until...

...I got to mile 22. Cathy and Ken then informed me that I was not too far behind (maybe about a half mile) Ike! Maddie passed him, without knowing it. What a stud!

"What?! When did that happen?"

"Are you serious?"

"A half mile, eh? Better get moving!"

Finishing the marathon was the best thing that has ever happened in my life. lol. I did get a little choked up as I crossed the finish line. Not sure if I was just happy that it was over, or that I had actually completed a marathon...

Grandma, Grandpa, Mom and Nic were our designated drivers and cheerers for the race. Barb, Marissa, Jackson, Alina, and her two kids were also able to watch us run!

1 comment:

  1. That's a pretty sweet medal. You look hot {and no, I'm not being sarcastic}. :)

    ReplyDelete