Saturday, February 26, 2011

the ooey gooey single serve brownie

The other day I was craving chocolate. Then, they day after that I was craving chocolate again. On the third day, I was again craving chocolate and created a little piece of heaven.

IMG_5937

A single serve oooey gooey chocolate brownie. I have zero self control when it comes to brownies - an entire 8 x 8 inch pan of the fudgiest brownies will disappear one small slice at a time in one day. This brownie is the perfect size to satisfy an intense chocolate craving and make you forget about all of your day's frustrations, but it is not, I repeat, is not large enough to share with even the people you love most. :)

I tweaked the original recipe I posted the other day and while I made some notations in that post, I thought I'd repost with some better photos and my changes.

IMG_5939

In the mix::
  • 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour*
  • 2 T brown sugar
  • 2 T cocoa powder
  • 1/8 t baking powder
  • 3 T almond milk
  • 1 t canola oil
  • 1/4 t vanilla
  • pinch salt
In a small bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Stir in wet ingredients until blended. Pour batter into a small oven safe dish (mine was a 6 oz glass ramekin).

Bake in a pre-heated 325* oven for 15 minutes (for an ultra gooey brownie) to 19 minutes (for a slightly less gooey center). Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!

*Alternately you could do a mix of half whole wheat pastry flour and half all-purpose flour. If you use all whole wheat you can tell in the final product. I don't mind this, but I think some people might.

IMG_5940

IMG_5941

What could be better than a small bowl of basically warmed brownie batter? I mean seriously...!

13 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely amazing...it's like warm brownie batter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just might make this for lunch. And if that's wrong, I'm totally OK with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, I love your blog! It is stunning! You are a wonderful writer and photographer! Second, thank you for your sweet comments on my blog! :) And thirdly, I am sooo making one of these! Like you, a whole pan of anything seems to do a disappearing act in my house! Oops :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photography skills put mine to shame :)

    That brownie looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To answer your question... [after looking through all your amazing pictures] absolutely nothing can top this! I've been craving chocolate all day, this is just what I need. I'll try to make it with almond flour and see how it goes. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I ate this for lunch. Whoops. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this recipe because it allows me to have brownies all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow! I feel like we are the same person -- I saw a link from OhSheGlows and came to check it out, but I'm also a runner. I'm also originally from MN, and I also live in Iowa with my fiance and a cat who thinks she is a dog. I'll be back to see how my doppleganger is living her life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Must try this with spelt flour and carob powder! Hope it turns out just as delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found this post from Brie Fit.... so glad I came across this. Can't wait to make this once my husband is done remodeling the kitchen!

    I'm following you on GFC and love it if you'd stop by sometime and check out my blog.

    Thanks,
    Becca
    Becca's Perspective

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Leah @ L4L
    How did it turn out cos that sounds like such a good combo!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so delicious! I added diced mango to tae before baking...amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is what every girl needs! I'm certainly gonna try this soon!

    ReplyDelete