Wednesday, August 11, 2010

peachy keen

Tonight was the first night in a good long while that I have actually been home (seriously, maybe over two weeks??) to hang out, cook dinner and just relax with Nic and the pets. It was lovely.

Nic and I hit up the Y good and hard after work.  I did a quick, albeit boring (forgot my iPod!), three miles on the treadmill and then lifted with Nic.

Dinner was cheese tortellini with a very carroty/green beany spicy red sauce - YUM. And for dessert, I whipped up this guy:

IMG_9850

Cinnamon and sugar caramelized peach topped with vanilla Chobani yogurt (delicious) and double oatmeal granola.  Holy delicious!  The warm peach combined with the creamy yogurt and crunchy granola was an awesome combination!

IMG_9851

IMG_9845

The peach before the toppings! Next time I might try grilling the peach.

The granola by the way, AH.mazing. So amazing in fact that I made two batches today!

Better get going - have a big day tomorrow! A quick early morning hill workout followed by a morning spent at a prison...should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment