Monday, November 29, 2010

nope, not ready

Thanksgiving is over. Which means it is now appropriate for people to put up their holiday decorations and listen to Christmas music.

I just tried changing my Pandora over to Christmas music, listened to approximately 27 seconds of three songs and decided I am not ready.

Tonight, I might bring up and plug in our still decorated from 2009 tree and see if that won't help to have the holiday spirit flood my body..

This year, I have a feeling it is going to be harder than usual to get into the holiday spirit - since I am way to busy getting excited and in the spirit for our two week European vacation!

I think I will feel in the holiday spirit the most while I am sitting on a historic pew in the Notre Dame Cathedral on Christmas Day listening to the Vespers service.

Jealous?

4 comments:

  1. Actually, I AM jealous as I would LOVE to listen to music at Notre Dame on Christmas Day .... someday....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe try out a paris theme christmas tree. Bring a little paris to iowa! I love a good theme holiday decor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous! Umm.. won't your mom be with you on christmas day??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weet meet up with Mom on January 1st. Dec 24-until then is a kids only vaca!

    ReplyDelete