Thursday, June 23, 2011

a perfect morning

Overcast and 64 degrees.

This morning is a perfect morning.

Sure, I wish would have got in a run early AM, but with the windows open and super cozy under the covers, there was little chance I would act on my desire to run.

Later, I promise.

Instead of running, I wrapped myself up in a good book, a mug of steamy coffee and a hot bowl of oats.

Perfect morning

Quite nice.

The bowl and coffee mug were gifts to myself after absolutely crushing my marathon PR.

And yes - I am one of those oatmeal freaks who eats it pretty much every morning. At least I don't subject you to a photo of it every day, right?!

9 comments:

  1. Your morning does sound perfect. I love when I can start the day in a slow, relaxed way:-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Born to Run is such a fantastic book.

    And THANK YOU for not showing us your oatmeal every stinkin' morning! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bowl and mug. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of getting yourself a gift after a great race :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that a hunk of peanut butter in your oats? And, that bowl rocks. Sivertson?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Laura It is a hunk of HOMEMADE peanut butter! (Which reminds me...I have a post to get to you!)

    And the bowl and mug came from The Blue Lake Gallery. But no worries, I did stop by Sivertson and picked up a Rick Allen print!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Born to Run is on my Nook, ready for me to read. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you finish Born to Run? I've been wanting to read it, any good?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Carolina @ Peas in a Blog I haven't finished it yet, but it is good so far!

    ReplyDelete