Wednesday, July 27, 2011

spar for the spurtle - steel cut oats with wild rice and dried blueberries

Okay everyone, I have a confession to make.

I LOVE steel cut oatmeal.

In fact, I love it so much that I had my manager at Hy-Vee order me a 25 pound bag of Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats.

Crazy?

For sure.

But I seriously love the stuff. I eat it every morning for breakfast and enjoy a huge bowl of it before all of my long runs and races.

Plus, when you order in bulk like that, you can share it with your friends and get a super duper good deal.

So, when I heard about Bob's Red Mill Spar For the Spurtle contest, I knew I had to enter. The rules, create a dish using Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut oat and post a short video detailing how to make it. Scary, right! A video...of me talking?! By doing so, I was taking a step out of my comfort zone, but it was fun and funny...

Just see for yourself...



This dish I created featured Minnesota's own, wild rice and I must say, I was quite pleased with the end result. This is a quick dish (30 minutes or less!) that you could whip on on a Saturday morning and impress your friends and family. Who knew oatmeal could be so good?!

Spar - Finished

The prizes are awesome for winning this contest. Bob's Red Mill will select three finalist to go to Portland to compete in a live cook-off and the winner of that will travel on to Scotland with the Bob's Red Mill team to compete.

So, watch the video, laugh at {and with} me, but most of all, make sure you "LIKE" the video on YouTube. The more "likes" I get, the better the chances I have.

Pretty pretty please with a cherry on top like me!!

And if you were to share this and tell all of your friends to like the video too, I would be so very appreciative.

You could even tweet this - "I just "liked" @KierInIowa's submission for #sparforthespurtle and you should too! http://youtu.be/c94ZcbTvDrc"

5 comments:

  1. I liked it on youtube and tweeted about it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good! I am yet to try steel cut oats on my own...I'm thinking I should give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liked! Good luck. This definitely looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I "liked" your video. Your recipe and video really do look great. I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck; recipe looks great! I'll "like" it for ya!

    ReplyDelete