Wednesday, July 17, 2013

barn tour part 1 // washington

IMG_0775
Although a great barn, this is not the one we almost bought
























































I have a love affair with barns. Show me a great barn, be it simple, intricate, or failling to pieces and I will show you its future glory.

In fact, Nic and I were this close to digging our roots into the rich Iowa soil even deeper when a beautiful acreage went up on the market. Four visits to the homestead later, one lasting at least three hours with a contractor and another with my mom and her husband who travelled from Minnesota to be our voices of reason, we decided to forgo the opportunity. 

The house wasn't what we were looking for, the barn though - holds a place in my dreams forever.

IMG_0796

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I saw an old barn like that around here once and always thought I should take a picture....then one day I drove by and it had fallen down. :o( They are such gentle giants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is one barn/out building/shed that I drive by everytime I go to Burlington and am just in love with it. I always wish I had my camera so I could pull over and take photos, but I never remember to bring it with. I should probably plan a specific time to just do that.

      There are so many great barns around that state that are falling down - I wish I could rennovate all of them back to their original glory!

      Delete
  2. One day I hope to be back on a property with a barn...with a few barn cats! I miss it so much. I'd strongly recommend digging your roots deeper when you get the chance - there is something so incredibly rewarding about farming, whether its for fresh green beans or goat milk or whatever else you can think up. :)

    ReplyDelete