Wednesday, October 5, 2011

fashionable finds

I have been hooked on buying dresses lately.

Perhaps I am searching for a style that I can take on my next vacation with me in an attempt to fit in. Or perhaps it is just because I am finally deciding that dresses are kind of cool.

Or warm.

Because when you find a dress that is essentially a pair of very stylish sweat pants for your entire body, you can't really pass it up.

Enter, this Lole "Calm" dress.

Lole Dress 2

Get going in this shawl collar dress, a versatile addition to any busy body’s wardrobe. Wear it with your favorite LolĂ« leggings or well-worn jeans for a sporty, yet feminine look. It not only looks good, it’s good for the planet in our soft and comfortable Organic Fleece, a luscious blend of organic cotton and elastane woven for the maximum UPF 50+ factor. A welt pocket on the left side gives it a fun finish.

Lole Dress
I bought it in "bark."

Lole has some other pretty amazing stuff, and a great story. I can't wait to get my hands on some more items!

Similar in style, I also picked up Patagonia's Au Bateau dress on Sunday after the marathon.
 
Patagonia Dress 2

Paired with a pair of black tights and and some boots, how can I not go wrong with this simple grey dress?

Patagonia Dress

Cute and soft, this sleeveless cowl-neck dress layers perfectly over jeans or leggings, or under sweaters.

Now I am just searching for reasons to sport these new dresses - perhaps a date night is in order.

3 comments:

  1. Check out Target too! They have an eerily similar dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall hasn't quite arrived here in CO yet (still 80+ until this coming weekend!) but I am now pining away for dresses, tights and boots!

    Love the dresses! And I second Target, although I was there last week to try on dresses and I swear everyone was made for someone with a much larger chest than I...the tops all fit really weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl!
    I too love a great dress! In fact, I'm getting this one and your post just reminded me how much you would love it too- it even has a spot for your thumb to go on the sleeves!

    http://www.cabionline.com/collection/look-book/when-harry-met-sally/look-5/

    Let me know if you want it- I'm having a CAbi party and could definitely order it for you.

    Also- ran my first 5k a few weekends ago! Thanks for all the motivation to run- your blog is a blast to read!

    ReplyDelete