Sunday, August 23, 2009

another minnesota weekend

Get settled in...grab a seat and a cup of coffee - lots of photos ahead!

Saturday morning we spent some time with Nic's family. We introduced Kurt and Marissa (as well as a random neighbor) to geocaching. Found two of the three we were looking for.



Marissa just chopped her hair off...cute!



Saturday afternoon we headed out to Wisconsin for my uncle's 40th birthday party. Happy Birthday Sam! You are so old...







On the way home from the party, we stopped at
Baker Orchard in Centuria to visit my cousin Jake.



Saturday night we headed out to Crystal's new home for a bonfire. Three words describe the night perfectly - 'lots of laughs'! Wait, can I add just two more? 'Birthing Stories'. ick...after this weekend, I am NEVER having kids! Thanks Bekah and Leah.



Bekah telling us about...well, really - I don't think you want to know. (We haven't even gotten to the birthing stories yet...)

Crystal's floating head. (I was just snapping away on my new canon, not looking at where I was aiming.)



I think it was Leah who stated this conversation that made all of our sides slipt with laughter. Leah, Missy, Bekah and Crystal vs. Me, Nancy and Maddie. Really, I still don't think you want to know what we were debating!


Family photo - take one...
(Leah - "Kier - I can drink wine! But let's not show the world that I finished two bottles tonight!" JUST KIDDING! I think it was maybe just two glasses - it was Missy who conqured the bottle this time!)

Take 2...
Isaac was so tired, way past his bedtime!

Take 3...

Ahh, finally!






There are sooo many more photos from the weekend - I think I will set up a Flickr account so I can post more there.

What a wonderful weekend - was very hard driving back to Iowa this time. If we have just three more weekends like this I think we'll just have to move back. Anyone know of any open radio jobs for Nic?!

(what's up with blogger? cutting off some text on the right side...hmmm.)

2 comments:

  1. Waaaay too many favorite pictures in this post! I'm so glad to have a trigger happy friend like me! :)

    So good to see you Kier and I wish I were a job giving fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it:) Good work on the pics.. I loved getting to see you and Nic, hopefully next time it will be for longer..

    ReplyDelete