Monday, August 24, 2009

"best ever" spinach artichoke dip

Before I work on a post with about 42,824,234 photos from our weekend in Minnesota (updated below!), I thought I'd share the recipe for the "best ever" (thanks Aaron!) spinach artichoke dip that I brought to Crystal's. I cannot verify that this is the best ever, as I only got one bite of it before it was pretty much gone - but I've had a version of this before... The recipe is pretty much a good guess of what I actually prepared - as anyone who knows me, knows I NEVER follow a recipe to the T.

Adapted from this recipe on Allrecipes.com

1 package cream cheese
1 16 ounce container sour cream
1 package Italian Style Five cheese blend, or something similar - asiago would be great.
A little less than 1 package grated Parmesan cheese
2 handfuls of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 red pepper - diced
2 cloves garlic - minced
2 jalapeno peppers - seeded and diced
about 1 package fresh baby spinach - chopped
1 can artichokes - rinsed and chopped
1 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon oregano
Salt and pepper

Mix sour cream and cream cheese until smooth. Add everything else and bake at 350 until the top starts to brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment