Wednesday, August 4, 2010

happy anniversary to us!

Today marked our three year anniversary! We had a lovely evening out, but first - I have to show you some amazing food photos! :)

My favorite breakfast of late has been overnight oats with flavored banana soft serve. I've said it before, but it is so good!

Yesterday's was cherry-banana soft serve:
IMG_9778IMG_9779IMG_9780

And today's was peach-banana soft serve - YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS!  Before I headed out for a quick run and walk with Maia this morning, I cut up a peach and put it in the freezer. I then blended the frozen peach with a frozen banana and a splash of soy milk. It was so creamy and delicious and who doesn't want ice cream for breakfast?!
IMG_7668IMG_7670IMG_7671

Okay - back to our lovely night celebrating three years of wedded bliss...(blech, so corny!)

We headed up to the big city :) for dinner at the Motley Cow Cafe, but fist stopped at Running Wild to pick up a fuel belt for me - the perfect start to an anniversary celebration if I do say so!
IMG_9788
(Don't you love that there is a cookie store right above the running store??)

The fuel belt was $50 which I think is a bit spendy, but thankfully I had a $25 gift certificate from winning (lol, can't say that too often!) the St. James Fun Run a few months back.

Some power shopping was done at Target to pick up a sweet gift for my cousin Pam and her hubs-to-be. We are headed up to MN for their wedding this weekend. It is going to be a whirl-wind trip, but I am looking forward to seeing the family.

IMG_9803

If you are ever in Iowa City, you have to stopped at the Motley Cow Cafe! This was the first time Nic and I have been there, but plan to go back in the near future. Very reasonable prices, and a smallish seasonal menu that packed huge flavors!

We started off with some hummus and drinks - beer for Nic, wine for me.
IMG_9789IMG_9791IMG_9792

The salad that came with my meal was served with a buttermilk cumin dressing, which was so good I could have drank it by the gallon. Such an interesting combination. I am going to have to try to recreate it soon.
IMG_9793

The main course - basil risotto. Rich, buttery, cheesy, good. I had to pace myself, otherwise I could have inhaled the entire bowl in about 2 minutes. YUM.
IMG_9794

After dinner we headed out for a nice stroll around Iowa City, and made a stop at Whitey's for a celebratory ice cream cone. We've lived in Iowa for 5ish years now and have never stopped, so it was about time.
IMG_9797IMG_9798IMG_9799

Graham Central Station ice cream in a waffle cone = bliss.

IMG_9800IMG_9814

Lots on my to do list for tomorrow, including an 8 mile run at 5AM...should head to bed!

2 comments:

  1. Super yummy anniversary and I love the family picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun.. Except, want to make sure that you payed for those glasses with the intresting looking drinks that look like they were at home?? hahah.. Miss you friend. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete