Friday, August 20, 2010

let the party begin

I am going to be o.l.d. next Thursday. I am also going to be away from my handsome husband all next week, so today beings my birthday festivities!

I am ditching the office in about 45 minutes to head up to Iowa City to attend Iowa Public Radio's Java Blend performance. Coffee + free music = great way to spend the afternoon.

After Java Blend, we have a few errands to run, including a stop at my favorite co-op, the New Pioneer Co-op. Where I must really try hard not to buy everything in site.  Menards is also on the list, as since we are actually home this weekend, several house projects are calling our names.  Lame, but these things need to get done.

Around 5 we are breaking for dinner at the Red Avocado - seriously, how cool of a name is that?  Ever since I heard an ad for them on IPR I've wanted to stop.  Well, turns out they are an organic & vegan restaurant. Nic wasn't too keen on visiting, but it's MY birthday week, so he'll deal.

And then it's back to town for us for a night cap and some music with some friends at Dodici's Shop.

I'd say today will be a good start to a full week of birthday festivities!

No comments:

Post a Comment