Monday, September 13, 2010

crazy kier

I think I just did something a little crazy...

No, I know I did something crazy.

Crazy, but fun.  It will be fun.

Minneapolis Bike Tour

Inspired by Nic's cousin Angie's husband (follow that?!), Nic and I will be doing the Minneapolis Bike Tour this Sunday! 36 miles of Minneapolis...just what Barb (my favorite mother-in-law) ordered. lol. I am sure I will be really itching to move back to Minnesota after Sunday's ride! Hmmm, too bad we have two great jobs and a house here in Iowa!

Check out the course map, how could this ride not be one of the most beautiful rides we've been on?

I shared the link with Nic thinking he might just want to get out and do the ride solo and force me to be the spectator for once, so I was surprised when he asked if I wanted to do it with him. Well, not really surprised, but kinda.  A Sunday morning ride with Nic before a long drive back to Iowa will be a great way to start the day.

I think Nic is just a wee bit concerned about me keeping up on my hunk-o-junk bike though.

Wait, so why is this a crazy idea you ask?  Well, take a look at my running schedule for the week:

Today - 3 miles
Tuesday - 9 miles
Wednesday - 4 miles
Thursday - 6 x 800
Friday - Should be a rest day, but doing Saturday's scheduled 9 miles
Saturday - Doing Sunday's scheduled 12 miles EARLY - besides squeezing in a visit with Nic's family and getting my hair done by Angie, we have a rockin' wedding in Stillwater to attend!
Sunday - 36 miles of quality time with a bike seat the husband

With the bike ride, my weekly mileage will be a whopping 78 miles!  I think I will be taking Monday off....

{oh yeah, and I totally have an appointment with the doc on Wednesday about a slight pain in my leg. I am being proactive and making sure this is nothing serious...here's hoping for a clean bill of health!}

2 comments: