Wednesday, September 8, 2010

how i spent my 27th birthday

My 27th birthday was a mere 13 days ago. I was very happy that I was able to spend my entire birthday week in Minnesota due to some work training. (Yes, I was sad to be away from Nic, but I see him every day...:) To say that my plans for a fun birthday week didn't happen as expected would be an understatement.

Let's take a look at how I spent my actual birthday::

IMG_7722
The day started off here, just as the previous day did and the following day would.

IMG_7724
Why? Mom was a klutz on the previous Tuesday and took wrong step while going downstairs carrying a huge pot of hot beef stock...

{Lunch with a beautiful friend - ummm, how could there not be a photo of this??}

IMG_7721
Had to buy my own birthday presents - bulk yogurt and almond butter - BEST GIFTS EVER! What can I say, I am easy to please.

IMG_7722
A little more of this...

IMG_7727
A late birthday toast...

IMG_7729
...followed by a delicious birthday meal...


And you know what? I would not have changed anything about it! :) I got to spend mucho quality time with Mom and Roger and get a few extra days off work while I tended to my sickly mom.  HA - okay, so it wasn't a perfect birthday and I wish Mom hadn't been in the hospital, but such is life.  Mom is doing much better now and was able to break out of the hospital the Saturday following my birthday.

---------

The Day After::
Even though I spent much of the day after my birthday in the hospital too, I managed to squeeze in some quality time with friends and got to enjoy a sushi dinner in honor of my birthday.

An afternoon with two of my very best friends, and two very cute pigtails...

IMG_7732

IMG_7733

IMG_7734

IMG_7737

IMG_7743

IMG_7744

IMG_7748

IMG_7751

A sushi date with the husband (who just drove up from Iowa), Roger, Natalie, Ted and Sylvia...

IMG_7753
a candle in my wasabi? Happy Birthday Kierstan! :)

IMG_7755
It's my birthday, I can eat fried green tea ice cream if I want to! :)

And drinks with my amazing friends...

IMG_7757

IMG_7758

IMG_7759

IMG_7760

IMG_7762

IMG_7764

Definitely a birthday to remember!  And as Ike said, this birthday was really close to topping my 10th birthday (???) where my entire family forgot it was my birthday, gave me a day old donut with a candle in it and ran out to Toys 'R Us to buy me rollerblades that didn't even fit.  Nothing will ever top that birthday!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great 27th b-day.

    Wow, your 10th birthday. Hmm. That sounds like an event that would scar me for life.

    My 10th birthday was memorable as well, but for different reasons. My Mom rented a limo to pick me & some friends/sisters up from school. It took us to Orlando and to a few random places downtown.. Not to much you can do downtown @ 10. It was fun =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great 27th b-day.

    Wow, your 10th birthday. Hmm. That sounds like an event that would scar me for life.

    My 10th birthday was memorable as well, but for different reasons. My Mom rented a limo to pick me & some friends/sisters up from school. It took us to Orlando and to a few random places downtown.. Not to much you can do downtown @ 10. It was fun =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! Lizzy is so darn cute:) Glad that we were able to meet up, even if my body hated me at work that night:(

    ReplyDelete