Thursday, September 30, 2010

lunch

IMG_0636

Yesterday afternoon on my way home from a work meeting, I stopped by a pumpkin patch in hopes of scoring a peck of apples. That makes sense, right? Apples from a pumpkin patch? While there were no apples in sight, I couldn't walk out empty handed so picked up some homemade salsa, pumpkin butter, 2 ambercup squash (I think) and a spaghetti squash.

I've never eaten either variety of the squash, but cooking the spaghetti squash was less intimidating to me since Clean Eating magazine just did a spread on how to cook different variety of squash.

IMG_0638

So with no real plan in mind, I roasted the spaghetti squash in a 400* oven for 45 minutes. I pulled it out a few minutes after Nic walked in the door for a really quick lunch. Well crap. I have like 10 minutes until he has to leave - what am I going to do? Idea.

Peas, shrimp, garlic, red pepper flakes, olive oil, salt, pepper, spaghetti squash.

Eight ingredients, One pot, Delicious lunch.

Spaghetti Squash "Pasta" with Shrimp and Peas

IMG_0635

I used::
1 spaghetti squash - roasted, seeded and meat removed with a fork
1 T olive oil + a little more
10 shrimp - thawed
5 cloves garlic
1 t red pepper flakes
1 cup peas
Salt & pepper to taste

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.  Add shrimp and cook for 90 seconds. Flip the shrimp, add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook another 90 seconds or until shrimp are fully cooked. Add peas, spaghetti squash, a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!

Sorry for no photos - we seriously devoured this in a few minutes and I didn't know if it would even be blog worthy.

I would say this makes two large servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment