Wednesday, October 20, 2010

race photos

People have mixed feelings about race photos. Receiving that email that notifies you that your "Des Moines Marathon photos are now online" can be a bit nerve racking. As you click the link and wait for your images to load you are left wondering (for a few seconds at least); I hope my bib number was clearly visible so there are some photos of me. That one photographer at mile 12 - he wasn't an official photographer, was he? - I was practically crawling then! Oh my gosh, it was quite chilly that day... At least they had a photographer at mile 2, I must have still looked good at that point, right? 


When I clicked on my link to see my photos, I was first surprised at the number of shots they got of me - 20 total! Surely there must be a few good ones in the mix.

The just okay BUT -  probably wouldn't print photos...

101112

The meh...

617

The could have been good BUT - eyes closed...

457

The could have been good BUT - I chose the wrong camera to look at...

8131418

The good BUT -  I was posing, not running...

23

The Good...shows the real me running.

1615
9

The Favorite - would spend the big bucks to print.

1

This is a classic "Kier" race photo!
What do you think? Worth it? One 5x7 is $15!

5 comments:

  1. worth it. but we all know you just wanted to post 20 pictures of your skinny self....make that 2 donuts on Monday for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. worth it! do they have any package deals? I know when Adam did Grandma's one 5x7 was like $15, or you could choose 3 for like $20 or $25, so that wasn't as bad...

    ReplyDelete
  3. worth it! do they have any package deals? I know when Adam did Grandma's one 5x7 was like $15, or you could choose 3 for like $20 or $25, so that wasn't as bad...

    ReplyDelete
  4. print one for me too = great photo Kier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the race! And you've got some pretty good photos. I'd say the last one just might be worth the $15... or wait a while until you get the "last chance" email where the prices are discounted?

    ReplyDelete