Wednesday, January 19, 2011

apple pancake truffles

Last night I fell asleep creating this morning's breakfast in my head.  Good thing it came together quickly because I was tired!  Getting up at 5AM to work out and not getting home from work until after 8:30PM will do that to a girl!

Breakfast was inspired by Caitlin's (from Healthy Tipping PointPancake Truffles.  I made the banana version the other day, and switched it up a bit this morning using apples.  The result was a delicious breakfast that breaks away from the normal oatmeal routine.

Apple Pancake Truffles

IMG_5138

I used::
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/3 cup Bob's Red Mill buttermilk pancake/waffle mix
2T chopped walnuts
3/4t cinnamon
1/4 cup soymilk
1 egg white
1T honey
1/2t vanilla
3/4 honey crisp apple, cut into 6 chunks

Pre-heat oven to 350*

Mix the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl.  Add the next 4 and stir until combined.  This next part is messy - with a chunk of apple in your palm, coat the apple chuck with 1/6 of the batter.  I found that the batter does not like to stick to the skin, so I placed about a teaspoon onto a greased cookie sheet, set the apple chunk on top and then spooned the rest of the batter over the apple.  Repeat until you are out of batter.

Bake for 15 minutes.  I served mine up with some yogurt and an extra sprinkle of cinnamon.  Delish!

3 comments:

  1. why do you post recipes with ingredients I can't translate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing! I love the yogurt underneath. These would be devoured in about two minutes near me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Hey, I see you're doing Fargo Marathon? So am I! I'm really looking forward to seeing what's around there!

    ReplyDelete