Tuesday, January 18, 2011

lazy day

Yesterday I was lazy.  Super lazy.  The weather was crappy and it was a rest day as far as my marathon training goes so I did absolutely nothing.  Well, I did cook, clean and eat and eat and eat.

But all I really wanted to do was:

FB - Sugar Cookies

And eat sugar cookies I did!  Too.many.sugar.cookies.  But the weather was seriously demanding that the entire state curl up with hot chocolate and Hy-Vee sugar cookies.  So I did, right after I shoveled the driveway - well I helped anyway.

Winter Wonderland 005

FYI - I didn't eat all 4 of those cookies...I swear!


That mug is seriously the best thing we brought back from Paris.  Every morning I will remember our daily quests for Starbucks in Paris.

On the pet front (because we don't post nearly enough about our pets, right?!), Maia has a love hate relationship with this weather.  She is totally made for cold climates and I could not get her inside yesterday despite the rain/sleet.

Winter Wonderland 001

However, each morning when she gets up I can hardly get her butt out the door.  Lately she has been looking at me like, "what are you crazy? It is cold out there! No way am I going out."


Jack was intrigued with the weather and always tries to sneak out.

Winter Wonderland 003

Winter Wonderland 004

I didn't feel like running outside in my sweats, so quickly put a kebosh on his outdoor activity.

I was really hoping to share last night's dinner as well - but it was so not photogenic.  A quick description will have to do - blue cheese burgers with caramelized onions.  Super delicious.  Make them.

Full day of work ahead.  Have a good Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Those cookies have my name on them - I LOVE a good sugar cookie. Also, your dog is gorgeous. What a pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did to eat all 4 cookies - don't lie like that sister. And yes, you can mail the remaining cookies tomorrow with additional treats...my expectations are high ;)

    ReplyDelete