Sunday, January 16, 2011

just for kicks

Today just might have been the first Sunday in over 2 months that Nic and I have actually been home and had absolutely zero plans.  Let me tell you, it.was.glorious!  We slept in just a bit and enjoyed some delicious hot oats for breakfast while sipping coffee and reading/blogging.

The only thing that I knew I needed to get done today was to sneak in a long run at some point kicking off my Fargo Marathon training.  So I bundled up and hit the roads for a 10 miler half marathon. Yep, just for kicks, I decided to tackle 13.1 miles.  The cherry on top - I ran a fairly hilly route, something I am planning on doing many many times during training.

Stats
Distance: 13.1 miles
Time: 1:51:59
Average pace: 8:33

Elevation Maps
My route:
Picture 2

Fargo Marathon route:
Picture 1

Fargo should be no problem at all if I keep running routes like today.

While I was out running, Nic tackled the grocery store and stocked up for this week's meals, plus tonight's He picks, She cooks, He cleans.

First up, our meal plan for this week:
Monday & Tuesday - Nic is on his own, I work late
Wednesday - Spring Rolls
Thursday - Steak, caramelized onion and goat cheese paninis
Friday - Homemade Chipotle burrito bowls
Saturday - Leftovers
Sunday - Possibly dinner with John and Diana

For tonight's dinner, Nic chose Pecan & Panko Crusted Chicken Breasts with a Shallot Sauce.  We served this up with roasted brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes.

IMG_5094

From Bon Appetite Fast Easy Fresh

This meal is delicious and really easy and quick to prepare.  Besides the chicken, we had everything on hand and usually do - so this would make a great week night meal.

Off to enjoy dessert (baked apples) while catching up on NCIS!

3 comments:

  1. You just ran 13.1 miles?! That's the distance I'm TRAINING for!
    Also, your meal plan looks absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got that cookbook, too. It has so many good recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cookbook is amazing! We give it out to 90% of our friends/family who get married. (With a basket of ingredients to make one of our favorite recipes.)

    ReplyDelete