Monday, January 17, 2011

shout out and lunch rave

Who's enjoying a day off from work?!  I had big plans for today, well not really - but I did want to get out for an extra long walk with the pup.  However, Mother Nature decided today would be a great day to rain/sleet/snow all at the same time.  Bummer.  Looks like today will be spent reading, cleaning, and starting a new kitchen project (details coming soon as I will be asking you guys for some ideas!)

Before I rave about today's lunch, remember yesterday's post about Peace Tree Brewing Co.?  OMG - the company found the post and totally shared the link to the post on their Facebook page!  Awesome, right?!

Blog shout out from Peace Tree

I practically fell off the couch, ran to the bedroom and woke Nic up shouting - "NIC OMG WE ARE FAMOUS!"  It's the little things in life, right? :)

Alright, on to today's lunch rave.

Leftovers were supposed to be served up for lunch today, but when I saw today's Tasty Kitchen's blog post about Red Quinoa and Black Bean Salad and knew I had everything on hand to make it, plans changed.  I got to right to work doing a quick soak of the black beans and started prepping everything else so I could have this done and ready to eat before Nic got home.

Besides preparing the black beans, this meal came together in a jiffy.  All it requires is a bit of chopping, mincing, whipping and mixing (and cooking the quinoa of course).

Red Quinoa and Black Bean Salad

Now I don't normally run out and make a recipe the same day it is posted on a blog, but I am so glad I did today.  Nic and I both gave this dish two thumbs up.  I imagine the leftovers are going to be even better.

3 comments:

  1. I checked out the peacetree website and my boyfriend and I are going to check it out next time we are near Des Moines. Sounds like a great place! I want to try the lemongrass beer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a bowl of glass beads. :) You could make some pretty necklaces with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome, I love when positive reviews are recognized to the vendor....not everyone takes the time to review good and bad stuff, but this is helpful!

    ReplyDelete