Tuesday, January 25, 2011

training tuesday

I often frequent the Health and Fitness board over on the Nest to get ideas, motivation, advice as well as answer questions on all things relating to fitness (as well as a bunch of other things).  It is a great community to be a part of.

On Tuesdays many of us participate in Training Tuesday - a post dedicated to updating everyone on what people are training for and what this week's training schedule looks like. We also throw in some random stuff too, just for fun.

I am not always the best at updating my blog with what I am training for and what I've been up to, so I thought I'd try to bring these posts to the blog world as well.  So we'll try a linky list below today and see how it goes.  If are you training for something, I'd encourage you to participate in Training Tuesday, add your blog to the list and check out some other amazing ladies who are training hard for various events.

Training Tuesday::
What event are you training for? Fargo Marathon

What is the date of the event?
May 21

What does your training schedule look like this week?
Sunday was 10 miles (outdoors, on ice!), Monday - New Rules of Lifting for Abs, phase 1, workout 1, Tuesday - 6x800, Wednesday - 5 miles, Thursday - Tempo, Friday - XT and NROLFA, Saturday - 5, Sunday - 12

What is the temperature where you are?
a balmy 27*
And how cold is too cold to workout outdoors? I've done a long run when it was -2 out, so now I pretty much have no excuse not to workout outside.

Does your significant other ever workout with you?
Nic and I lift together once in a while and go to spin.  He never runs with me - but often bikes while I run.

What other events are on your list of must dos for 2011?
I haven't planned out all of 2011 yet, but I for sure want to do the Marine Corps Marathon in October.  I will also do a handful of 5Ks in our community.

Ok people...don't leave me hanging!  Add your blog!

3 comments:

  1. Fun idea! I'll play along when I have a chance to update this to my blog. Looks like your training is starting off fabulously :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ran on ice? I'm impressed! Do you have those shoe thingys to give you traction on ice or do you just wing it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was on ice/snow for a few miles getting to and from the country highway. There were a few close calls, but was able to find enough traction with the powdery snow. I do not have Yak Tracks...I think you are only supposed to use those on hard packed snow.

    ReplyDelete