Friday, February 25, 2011

this {vegan} weekend

TGI(freakin')F!

I am so looking forward to have a productive afternoon of work and then calling it quits for a full weekend of nothingness.

Seriously, the only things I have to do this weekend are:

  • Personal train at Y today for 45 minutes
  • Personal train at the Y tomorrow for 45 minutes
  • Work in the wellness center at the Y for 3.5 hours on Sunday

I do have a short list of things that I would like to get done:

  • Rip out all of the carpet in the basement
  • Start working on my race photo book
  • Start working on our Europe photo book
  • Prepare an entirely vegan meal

Yep. On Saturday or Sunday I would really like to prepare a vegan meal as part of my yearly goal to challenge myself in the kitchen more often. Eating vegan isn't really to out of the box for me - as I look back on my weekly meals, most of them are vegan already, but none require all that much skill to prepare.

I plan to draw most of my inspiration from Angela at Oh She Glows, but am seeking suggestions on what to make!

Do you have any great tried and true vegan recipes that you love? Or is there a recipe that you've been dying to try, but haven't had the time? Let's hear 'em! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm more stuck on the first thing on your "short" to do list, lol.

    I've made tofu stir fry, that's vegan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear what you make. My husband and I cook vegan 99% of the time :)

    ReplyDelete