Tuesday, February 1, 2011

training tuesday

Who else is experiencing some crappy weather today?  We are supposed to get hit hard with snow today, and you know what?  I am actually excited!  The last time Iowa saw significant snowfall, Nic and I were headed to Europe.  So bring on the 20" Mother Nature!

Did you know that Training Tuesday is not just for runners?  We have people participate who are training for Cycle Cross events, bench press competitions and more!  So chime in...we want to hear what you are doing!

  • What event are you training for?
  • Date of event?
  • What does your training look like for the week?
  • I am loving speed workouts on the treadmill lately - what are your favorite speed workouts?
  • If you could run/bike/compete in only one event, which would it be and why?
  • I promise that Spring really is just right around the corner, which means local 5ks will be taking place just about every weekend.  For you runners/joggers/walkers - how do you pick and choose which ones to participate in?
And a few random questions:

  • Do you volunteer? What organization do you volunteer for and why did you pick it?
  • If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would you go?
-----------------------

  • What event are you training for? Fargo Marathon
  • Date of event? May 21
  • What does your training look like for the week? 
    • Sunday - rest
    • Monday - easy 3 + NROLFA, Phase 1, Workout A
    • Tuesday - speed! 200, 400, 800, 1600, 800, 400, 200
    • Wednesday - easy 5 + NROLFA
    • Thursday - tempo
    • Friday - easy or XT + NROLFA
    • Saturday - easy 6 or rest
    • Sunday - 
  • I am loving speed workouts on the treadmill lately - what are your favorite speed workouts? I had a great tempo run last Thursday.  I ran 5 miles at tempo and it kicked my butt, however, I felt amazing after I finished.
  • If you could run/bike/compete in only one event, which would it be and why? Half marathons.  I rocked 4 of these in 2010 and feel that if I were to focus only on these events, I could be a serious competitor.  I think after I qualify for Boston, I will switch my focus back to halves.
  • I promise that Spring really is just right around the corner, which means local 5ks will be taking place just about every weekend.  For you runners/joggers/walkers - how do you pick and choose which ones to participate in?  It is so hard to pick and choose, that is what I threw this question in there.  I feel like (at least in my small town) if you go to one, you have to go to them all!

And a few random questions:

  • Do you volunteer? What organization do you volunteer for and why did you pick it?  I just started volunteering for Girls on the Run this year.  We've only had our training, but I think this is going to be a really fun experience.  
  • If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would you go?  I would go back to Greece in a heartbeat!

Can't wait to hear about your training!  Add your link to the blog hop below.  You can also grab the link for this blog hop and paste it into your blog.  That way, people can participate from any blog!


Hmmm....looks like Linky Tools is going to start charing $2 a month to use their services. How do you guys like doing Training Tuesday in this format? Should I subscribe and keep it going?

1 comment:

  1. you're using some high level blog talk :)

    Is the Fargo marathon pretty flat? I'm doing a marathon here in MD (mostly because it's close and very flat). I'm anti-hill :P

    ReplyDelete