Tuesday, June 28, 2011

baba ganoush

During my marathon cooking afternoon on Sunday, I inadvertently made a quart of baba ganoush.

How does that happen, Kier? An entire quart of baba ganoush doesn't just appear out of thin air!

I picked up a big beautiful eggplant at the grocery store on Sunday and had plans to grill it up and throw it in my lentil sloppy joes. But I kind of forgot that eggplant gets all soft and creamy after you cook it for a while.

It didn't take more than a minute to decided to whip up some baba ganoush. I threw the eggplant in the food processor, thanked the kitchen gods that I had some cooked chickpeas in the fridge and went to work.

Baba Ganoush

IMG_7207

In the mix::
(and by all means, halve this recipe unless you are having a party and need an entire quart of baba ganoush!)

  • 2 large eggplants - grilled and flesh scooped out
  • 2 cups chickpeas, rinsed
  • 2-3 large garlic cloves
  • 1/4 cup tahini
  • 1 T olive oil
  • juice of 1/2 lemon
  • salt and pepper to taste
Throw everything into the food processor and process until smooth.

Makes 1 quart.

No comments:

Post a Comment