Tuesday, July 19, 2011

summer squash roundup

So far I made a gratin and a lasagna with the summer squash I harvested from my garden last week. Both were great dishes that I would make again in a heartbeat. I kept it simple though with the last squash that was sitting in my fridge.

I grilled this baby up with just a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and brought it over to our friends house for dinner last Friday night.

IMG_7775

Sometimes keeping it simple (stupid) is best. You can't really beat grilled vegetables.

So here is a round up of the first dishes I made with veggies from my garden:

IMG_7734 IMG_7756 IMG_7773
Summer Squash Gratin           Vegan Summer Lasagna          Grilled Summer Squash


Up next: who knows?! Actually, I will be posting a garden update soon. Last night I took a nice walking tour of the garden and was surprised to see that we have some cucumbers, banana peppers and jalapeno peppers that are almost ready to be picked. Our tomatoes are abundant, but still green, the sweet corn is getting taller, the bell peppers are still babies, and I have no idea about the eggplant, sweet potatoes, and watermelon...

No comments:

Post a Comment