Friday, August 26, 2011

kicking off my 28th year

Go Shorty Kierstan, it's your birthday, we're gonna party like it's your birthday!

Yeah, that song is seriously stuck in my head. Aren't there any other, better, birthday songs out there??

So today is my birthday, I am bound and determined NOT to spend it like last year.

Remember last year?  How I spent my 27th Birthday

IMG_7721

The highlight of my day was a morning trip to Costco to buy a huge jar of almond butter.

IMG_7724

The next stop was visiting my mom at the hospital's burn unit. Dear Mom - be careful today!

IMG_7727

I ended the night very late with a birthday cheers from Roger and a frozen pizza baked to perfection.

I have different plans for today, and those plans include a 1 hour massage (that I have to scoot out the door ASAP to get to!), lunch with Diana and various other activities that I'll post about later.

We did kick-off my birthday with attending "Kale Fest!" last night. Yes, you read that right. Kale.Fest. I love it.

IMG_9161

IMG_9160

This festival of kale was put on by New Pioneer Food Coop and Earth Source Gardens. This was our first time to visit the gardens and it was beautiful!

IMG_9146

IMG_9147

IMG_9148

IMG_9149

IMG_9150

IMG_9151

IMG_9153

IMG_9154

IMG_9156

IMG_9159

IMG_9162

IMG_9179

After the festivities that was Kale Fest, Diana and I made a quick trip to New Pioneer to pick up dinner. Lamb burgers for them, a shroom burger for me. We were very European and ate at 9:00 and it was 10:00ish before Nic and I headed home.

My 4:30AM wake up call was fun....! :)

Happy Birthday to me!

6 comments:

  1. I've never tasted kale and look forward to some grilled kale next weekend! Don't worry...I'm not making any soup today - but salsa in a couple of weeks! :) Love you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Happy Birthday!! I made a kale soup during the winter, and it was fabulous! Other than that I've never tried Kale, Hmm, I should get on that.

    Hope you have a Happy, Happy,(drama free) Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great birthday. I make the Olive Garden zuppa toscana soup which has kale in it--yum. You could probably leave out the sausage. It's a great hearty potato soup!

    Hope this birthday is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!

    I like kale :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!!!

    I hope your mom is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!

    Hope its about six times better than last year and there are no hospital visits!

    ReplyDelete