Friday, October 28, 2011

life

As if I even have to type it, for I am fairly certain it is obvious.

My life has been crazy busy.

My Google Reader says it all...



804 unread items. And that is after I marked a bunch as read (mostly recipes people, don't worry, I am trying to get to all of my favorites!).

If that is not proof enough, let's take a look back at October.

1st weekend:: October 2nd - I ran the Twin Cities Marathon
2nd weekend:: October 8th - Relay For Life Round Tables
3rd weekend:: October 16 - I ran the IMT Des Moines Half Marathon
4th weekend:: October 22 - Relay For Life Summit in Minneapolis & 2nd Annual Ladies Wine Night
This weekend:: October 29 - A possible trip to Des Moines for a cyclocross race (Nic)

And those are just the weekend events! Work has been busy with meetings, planning for the new fiscal year and much more.

Not to mention there is that inevitable countdown in the back of my mind - for which I am totally excited and totally freaking out over.

13 days until Sweden and England.

13 days until I get to see my sister.

13 days to get a ton of work done.

13 days.

Needless to say, I've been in need of some time to clear my head and just breathe.

And I got that chance yesterday afternoon, when I hit up Lake MacBride for a trail run with Diana after another work meeting.



Trail running is awesome, and Diana and I were reminiscing about our high school cross country days. Mostly about how we were able to run trails like the ones at Lake MacBride at such a brisk pace!

There were multiple times when we just stopped to take in the views and soak up the beautiful weather.

photo (1)

We did a bit over 5.5 miles and have plans to do it over again this weekend.

I suppose I should run these trails a few times if I plan on doing this race in March.

After our refreshing run, we met up with the husbands for dinner at Reds Ale House in North Liberty. The food was great and the beer list was even better (and longer than I am tall). We will be going back for sure.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate! I don't have a job to worry about and I can't seem to find time to do anything, let alone read blogs and such! But at least you are living life and staying busy! :)

    And a 50K?! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete