Wednesday, October 26, 2011

apple love

No, Maddie, I am not rubbing it in that I got a new iPhone.

I am talking about other apples.

Like real apples.

Fall and apples just go together, right? I get the pumpkin craze, I have a few cans myself. But if I had to choose, I would go for a tart, crisp apple any day.

A few weeks ago I received a Tervis Tumber as part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program. A virtually indestructible, insulated tumbler - I was excited to see if it really kept hot drinks hot.

The weather had a different idea though. I received the tumbler on a rare HOT fall day. So instead of making a batch of hot spiced cider, I opted for a simple apple cider smoothie.

IMG_0214

This was a quick way to cool down after a workout and provided a taste of Fall, despite the summer like temps.

In the mix::

  • 1.5 cups apple cider
  • 2 frozen bananas
  • 1/4 t pumpkin pie spice

Blend until smooth and enjoy!

A few days later, the temps finally cooled down to seasonal averages and I was able to let some cider cook away on the stove with a blend of spices.

Spiced cider

In the mix::

  • 4 cups apple cider
  • 1 small orange, sliced into thin rounds
  • 1 honey crisp apple, sliced into thin rounds
  • 1 cinnamon stick
Combine everything and cook on low until heated through.

I heart Fall.

3 comments:

  1. Freezing some bananas and making this smoothie in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update: it was just as delicious as I expected. :) thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sara Bee Glad you liked it! So simple, right?

    ReplyDelete