Friday, January 20, 2012

kicking off the weekend

TGIF, right?

I was hoping to take the entire day off of work today since I opted to work on MLK Day, but it doesn't look I will be able to escape the day without doing something.

Thankfully, I had a good start to my morning.

A 5:15 Absolute Body Conditioning class (that I always wake up dreading to teach, but come home an absolute ball of energy), followed by a cuppa joe*, green monster and a pot of oats cooking away on the stove.

Starting off the morning right - body conditioning class, coffee and a green monster.

My workout this morning was a good one. I love it when I hear groans and sighs from the participants. 

I can't believe she is making us do that again. 

What? Another one?

It took me four days to feel normal again after last week!

I am sure I'll hear a few comments next week about what we did this morning.

1 minute each:
Bench Press
Body Weight Squats
Shoulder Press

Three minutes cardio/1 minute each:
Jump Rope

Running Up on Bench
Jumping Jacks

1 minute each:
Right Lunge w/ weight
Left Lunge w/ weight
Bicep Curls

Three minutes cardio/1 minute each:
Jump Rope
Running Up on Bench
Jumping Jacks

1 minute each:
Tricep Bench Press
Weighted Squats
Calf Raises w/ weight

Three minutes cardio/1 minute each:
Jump Rope
Running Up on Bench
Jumping Jacks

Wash, Rinse, Repeat x 2

Abs:
1 minute crunches
1 minute flutter kicks


------------------


Here's to the weekend!! Any fun plans? We are keeping it low key here and the only thing I really need to get done is some school stuff and a 15 miler.


*Do you listen to the How Stuff Works: Stuff You Should Know podcast? If you don't, you should. I just started listening to them while walking the dog, and I am hooked. A few weeks ago, I learned how this phrase, cuppa joe, originated. Quite interesting.

3 comments:

  1. Yuo slave driver. Can I get you to come to Atlanta to put me through my paces? lol

    I'm going to copy this routine for the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete