Wednesday, June 27, 2012

tuesday duathlon

Tuesday morning was the most gorgeous morning.

Cool.

A light breeze.

Fresh.

A perfect morning to hit the pavement and run.

Too bad I was lacking motivation. So I walked the dog instead. It was lovely.

But I knew I needed to get in a good workout for the day (besides the 45 minutes of weights I did at 6:00 that morning).

So I asked Nic if he wanted to do a duathlon with me when he got done working.

Surprisingly, he agreed!

And then we told a few people about it, and surprisingly - they agreed to join us!

And thus, our random, monthly dualthon tradition as begun.

3 mile run.

20 mile ride.

1 mile run.

Organic hot dogs + beer.

Super fun.


Kevin, Angi, Nic

Half way through our 20 mile ride.

Two road bikes.

One hybrid bike.

One mountain bike.

Kier

Kier, Kevin, Nic

After our last epic hill, on the home stretch.

Cheers!

Fat Tires for everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I have this little theory that beer tastes so much better after a long bike ride. Scott and I used to go on long rides and then swing by Casey's on the way home to grab tall boys to drink on our front stoop. This was before kids obviously....

    I love your reflector vest thing! Do you wear it when you run, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beer does taste much better after biking (or doing anything that requires a bit of effort!)

    Love the tall boys + front stoop! You could totally still do that and just pull Michael along in a bike trailer, and get him a tall boy (of OJ or something like that) so you all could enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete