Wednesday, July 4, 2012

2012 garden

IMG_7427

Halfway into the garden season, I now have some vegetables to show you from my garden.

IMG_7395

A week ago, I would have shown you a weed patch with a few vegetable plants struggling to survive.

IMG_7397

But one day last week, the day before we were set to take off for New York for the weekend, the day with an excessive heat warning in place, motivation struck.

IMG_7398

Those weeds had no chance. Hoe in hand, I was ready to conquer.

IMG_7401

And conquer I did.

IMG_7403

Weed blocking newspaper, 16 bags of mulch later, and copious amounts of water lost through sweat...

IMG_7407

I was happy to see signs of vegetable life.

IMG_7412

Just a few more weeks and we'll be eating up the fruits of my labor.

IMG_7415

Container gardens are thriving, well - at least the herbs are.

IMG_7419

Beets might not have been meant to be planted in a container. Or they are drowning in my attempts to keep everything alive. Or maybe the soil is too dry?

IMG_7423

Squash are taking over, and will get a garden of their own next year.

IMG_7424

But until then, we'll enjoy a plentiful harvest from our 2012 garden.

IMG_7426

Hopefully.

1 comment: