Monday, October 8, 2012

vegan food swap:: september 2012

Untitled

What could be better than coming home after 2 weeks to an awesome vegan food swap package?!

Not much, especially when it included vegan macaroni and cheese - an old childhood standby that totally hit the spot on a chilly Sunday night.

Jen and her son, Otis, sent me this package of goodies that included a few new to me items and some old favorites.

Two larabars - a favorite snack of Jen (and me!) for a quick on the go snack.
A vegan chocolate chip cookie - one of the first brands that I tried and still occasionally pick up in a pinch for a cookie craving (hey, Jen does this too!).
Some new to me lip balm.
And white truffle oil. Holy yum!

Like I said, I broke into the macaroni right away for dinner on Sunday night. I made it with light coconut milk, added in some sauteed mushrooms and just a drizzle of the white truffle oil at the end. Served over a roasted sweet potato and some steamed kale, we had an amazing dinner that took us back to childhood!

This was the second month that I participated in the Vegan Food Swap and I plan on continuing into October. If you are interested in getting involved, check out all of the details here.

No comments:

Post a Comment