No sense in beating around the bush here. There are 30 weeks until my 30th birthday and I am going through a quarter life crisis (yes, I do plan to live to 120).
Instead of cowering in a corner hiding from this crisis thing, I am taking hold with force and plan to use these next 30 weeks to my advantage.
These next 30 weeks will lay the groundwork so my 30th year will be the best yet and incredibly epic.
There is no other path for me, except an epic one.
30 weeks, 210 days. Let's go.
This is going to be a very productive 30 weeks. If there is anything in life that I have talked about doing, I will either do it before I am 30 or figure out a way to do it.
I am breaking down these things into a few categories and reserve the right to add to the list at anytime. I also reserve the right to remove an item from the list if I have truthfully tried to check it off, and in doing so, determine that it is not worth my valuable time, or I find out that it is no longer a passion.
30 'til Thirty Goals
- Launch new (rebrand?) food/travel/run blog
- Gift myself the best birthday gift ever
- Date nights once a week
- Enroll in the American Cancer Society CPS-3 (I am finally OLD enough, yippee!)
- Plan a trip to Europe with Nic (because taking all these trips to Europe without him is just not fair)
- Start the "Washington Book & Cook" book club with some fabulous ladies
- Con at least 3 sets of my friends to come visit us in Washington (here's looking at you Nancy, Crystal, & Greg!)
- Road trip to Georgia
- Downsize (possessions, house & weight - heh)
- Finish all unfinished house projects
- Spend more time playing with Maia & Jack
- Save $15,000
- Minimize frivolous spending (not to the point of becoming a shut-in though)
- Sell our house for a profit
- Set up a meeting with a SCORE volunteer to work on a business plan
- Complete a business plan
- Get a part time job at a bakery on the weekends
- Give away one loaf of bread a week
- Give away one dessert a week
- Continue hosting dinners each weekend
- Bake for the Washington Farmers Market
- Bake for a CSA
- Volunteer on a farm
- Make cheese (because who ever let me not eat it for so long? Hi, my name is Kierstan and I am a recovering vegan)
- Butcher a chicken (this is a total stretch goal)
- Get a freelance position developing recipes
- Enroll in 1-2 bread baking workshops
- Run an average of 30 miles per week
- Run for 10 hours on April 15
- Get my super sexy abs back (read - lay off the cookies!)
30 weeks is a long time, but in the grand scheme of things, will be over before I even know it. I can manage this crisis and come out of it a happier, better, person...who is 30.
Gah - what is going to happen when there are 40 weeks until forty??