Friday, February 1, 2013

reaching for the sun

On this twenty degrees below zero day, it is refreshing to be able to look at some fresh new life right in your dining room.

IMG_2138IMG_2140

I planted this organic stir fry mix last week in some planters I still had sitting on my deck from this summer's garden. A free pack of seeds and a craving for something fresh, I thought I'd give a bit of indoor gardening a try.

So far, so good! The plants must love their designated place right by the window, sitting on top of the heat register.

IMG_2142

The hardest part of being an indoor gardener? Rotating the pots every day or so as the greens love to reach their way towards the sun to soak up as many nutrients as they can.

1 comment:

  1. The other week I was wondering about growing green beans in my house in the winter. I really want fresh green beans...!

    ReplyDelete