Sunday, July 14, 2013

birthday cake for aunt dede

IMG_3477
IMG_3473
Me, Aunt Dede, Mom and Grandma
IMG_3472
At least Grandma pretends to like the restaurants I take her too...
There is nothing I love more than to bake for those that I love. A few weeks ago, Nic and I travelled to Mankato, Minnesota to visit my Grandpa who was in the hospital, and in between visits with him, I baked a simple chocolate cake with white frosting for my great aunt Dede's birthday - her request. Although we will always agree to disagree on where to go out for dinner (how could she not like Olives?!), Dede enjoyed the cake and even allowed a small piece to be smuggled to my Grandpa.

Happy Birthday Dede. Next year dinner is on me...

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I've been wanting to make that cake for SO LONG. Yours looks AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erika! The cake was super easy + delicious.

      Delete
  2. What a pretty cake! And so straightforward and simple. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love simple cakes - I think they make for the prettiest ones!

      Delete