Monday, July 15, 2013

blueberry swirl cheesecake // as seen in chickpea magazine

IMG_3198 - maybe

It was a spur of the moment decision to submit a proposal to Chickpea magazine after seeing their call out for articles a few months ago. Without too much thought, I tapped out a few quick sentences about that one time my grandpa tried my blueberry swirl cheesecake and clicked on submit.

Weeks later, an email from the magazine informing me that they would like to run the recipe and article in their summer issue.

what? / breathe / call Nic / agonize / what?!

IMG_3225 - maybeIMG_3219

The week of the deadline, we road tripped to Georgia, me fully intending to write the article on the way there.

The night before the deadline, sitting on the floor of my brother's new home, leaning back against the couch, last minute pressure lead to inspiration, and I submitted my first article to a real, tangible, magazine.

IMG_3202
IMG_3193IMG_3191 - maybe

A few months later, I clicked through the electronic June issue of Chickpea magazine, my heartbeat quickening as each page passed, when my eyes focused in on my article, my pictures!

Chickpea Magazine ArticleChickpea Magazine Article

I do not have the article in hand yet, and my mailman gets quite nervous when I run out the door as he approaches, because today has to be the day that it comes. When it arrives, oh the day it arrives, I will probably sprint back to the house, full of excitement, ready to share it with the world, hoping not to fall and knock my head on the wall (like that one time...I thought I had received my autographed photograph of JTT, but turned out to be just a postcard from a friend in Florida...).

No comments:

Post a Comment