Wednesday, August 18, 2010

a different take

A quick recipe that is delicious and you should try.

The other day I found a random can of tuna in the pantry and whipped up some tuna salad sandwiches for Nic and I (sshhh....don't tell my Mom or sister, they would disown me!). I subbed greek yogurt for mayo and added a lot of crunchy veggies.  It was delish.

However, I am not a huge tuna fan, and would rather not be disowned by my favorite two women in my life so I came up with this take on a tuna or egg salad sandwich.

Chickpea Spread for Sandwiches

  • 1 can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
  • 1 T mustard
  • 1/2 T olive oil
  • 3 T plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 t lemon juice
  • 1 stalk celery, diced
  • 1/2 carrot, diced
  • 1/2 jalapeƱo, diced
  • 2 T red onion, diced
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Mix the chickpeas and following 4 ingredients in a bowl, slighting mashing chickpeas. Stir in everything else and serve on some toasted bread with spinach. So delicious!

PS - and totally random...I AM GOING TO SPAIN IN JANUARY!!! So excited to spend the first week of 2011 on the Costa Del Sol with family!  And icing on the cake, Nic and I are 90% sure we will be spending Christmas in Sweden with Maddie. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment