Tuesday, March 1, 2011

spend my iTunes gift card

iTunes

Back in December Nic and I both got $15 gift cards to iTunes - best gift ever, right?  My iPod is in serious need of new music, but I just can't commit/decide what songs to download.

So spend my iTunes gift card for me, please!

What are your "power" songs?

What song could you listen to over and over and over again while running/working out?

What song do you strategically place in your playlist so that it will *hopefully* play the last few minutes of your race and as you are crossing the finish line?  (What? I can't be the only person who does this....)

11 comments:

  1. My favorite thing to listen to lately while running is the Rolling Stones Forty Licks album. **That is soooo 2002. Pssht.**

    I play Faith Hill's Mississippi Girl on repeat when I'm nearing the end of tempo runs. Weird.

    I like to play State Radio during slower runs because it is kind of mellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eminem's "Till You Collapse" and "Shake That" are my favorites for long runs.

    I also like Jay Z "Big Pimpin'" and Notorious B.I.G. "Hypnotize". Yeah, I'm so cool when I run :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "i would walk 500 miles..." that song will make you run fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, actually I have my ipod full of "workout" songs at different tempos... I'll make a mental note tonight when i'm at the Y of some good fast ones and get back to you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really LOVE the song "Party Hard" by Andrew WK. It has a really fast beat and reminds me of my college days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmmm what don't you already have. Arcade fire? "Wait so long" by Trampled by Turtles. OK go

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your blog! You commented on my blog a few days ago and I came over here to check it out. I'll be a loyal reader:)

    Currently my favorite is "Dig" by Incubus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love David Guetta & that I just found another Iowa blogger (and that you used the word defected in regard to moving here!). Cant wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Ice cream paint job" is the song I could listen to over and over again while running. Love the beat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's a good one: "What You Waiting For" by Gwen Stefani.

    ReplyDelete