Wednesday, March 2, 2011

march cooking challenge

I can not for the life of me think of something for my monthly cooking challenge!

January was easy as I was dying to recreate the amazing Paella I ate in Spain.

February was easy because, well just because I wanted to actually prepare a vegan meal - not just have a vegan meal come together simply because I was craving veggies and nothing else.

March....no good ideas yet.

So, what should we prepare? The meal should include vegetarian components (for me) as well as meat components (for everyone else).

3....2...1...GO!

8 comments:

  1. In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I think you should go for an all green meal. (Well, except maybe the meat...unless the "meat" is green eggs.) Pureed spinach works wonders for turning things green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make the perfect Shepherd's pie in honor of St. Patrick's day! I bet it would be so good if you did it with sweet potato on top and I've seen recipes with lentils instead of meat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. something with ingredients that are also available in Sweden....on a masters student income....

    or! like a swedish friend suggested, candy that is good for you. i.e. candy made out of fruit or something that still tastes good. IMPOSSIBLE!

    OR! challenge yourself to make something that ships well...I can be the guinea pig on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the green st. patty's idea! Or, perhaps something "spring-themed" though I don't know quite what they would be...

    How's the knee feeling? Hope things are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just a random search on recipes for march:
    http://planetgreen.discovery.com/food-health/recipes-warm-march.html looked like your kind of meals :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kier, I gave you a stylish blogger award on my blog. :) http://amileinmyboots05.blogspot.com/2011/03/i-won-two-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another vote for a St. Patty's day theme! And could you hurry it up? I'm hosting my bunco group on St. Patty's day and need inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete