Wednesday, April 27, 2011

oops i did it again

Some days I get random urges to register for races. Most of the time they are local 5Ks and occasionally a few half marathons.  This time though I went all in. Go big or go home.

Four weeks after I run the Fargo Marathon, I will being heading north once again to tackle the 35th annual Grandma's Marathon.

Grandma's Marathon

Crazy? Maybe.

Doable? Absolutely.

Training between Fargo and Grandma's

I've done the Gary Bjorklund half marathon three times, so it was only a matter of time before I tackled the entire race.

Weeee!

7 comments:

  1. Wow...good for you! I am just now starting to think about working out after the birth of our second child in March. No marathon though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad that you decided to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say you're nuts, but I'm running a 50K on June 4th and then another 50K on July 17th, so I have to say your plan is both doable and admirable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! A close friend of mine is doing Grandma's. I have heard superb things about it.

    I may have to borrow that little 4 week plan - I am running Milwaukee on 10/2 and NYC on 11/6. Maybe I have 5 weeks though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is pretty impulsive and crazy. Love it!

    How's your knee been? Do you think it's going to be cranky?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A friend of mine ran Grandma's as her first marathon...it was 85* and insanely sunny! She was sunburnt and overheated....prepare for anything!

    But it was a blast to spectate and it was gorgeous along the lake! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Intense! You rock! I'm super impressed!

    ReplyDelete