Saturday, July 2, 2011

burgers & beer

Last night Nic and I headed up to Iowa City to grab dinner at Short's Burger & Shine.  Our favorite brewery in Iowa, Peace Tree, was taking over the tap to help kick-off Iowa City's Jazz Fest, which will take place all weekend.

IMG_8741

Twas a grand time.

You can't really beat a great burger, a cold beer and a pile of fries.

The chocolate chip cookies we grabbed at New Pioneer Food Coop were the proverbial cherries on top of an already fantastic night.

We took the scenic route home (read: rural highway) and started packing up for today's camping trip immediately when walking in the door.

IMG_8743

IMG_8745 copy
IMG_8745 copy

This morning in snuck in a quick 12.48 mile run down the Kewash nature trail.

Camping....here we come!

1 comment:

  1. My brother was just telling me about Short's Burger in IC! I guess former IA football player Tim Dwight is the owner? I need to visit!

    ReplyDelete