Friday, July 8, 2011

fourth of july - take two: birthday party

After we said or goodbyes to Marissa and the kids, Nic and I headed over to my aunt's for those promised hot showers. We all chitchatted for a while before heading to the massive town of Grand Meadow for my Grandma's 80th birthday celebration.

IMG_7472
My aunt and savior - I felt like a new woman after I showered!

It was a great time and most of the family was there, so we were able to catch up with everyone. We'll see everyone again in a month at my cousin's wedding.

IMG_7458

Someone brought a box of old family photos for my Grandma and of course I started digging through them. Instead of waiting for my aunt to scan and email them to me, I pulled out a few of my favorites and took pictures of them.

Check out my Grandma - what a hottie! This was her high school graduation photo.

IMG_7463

There was a random photo of me in that box too...

IMG_7442

And some more goodies from the box:

IMG_7425
My dad is in the red shirt, back row - looking like he is picking his nose.

IMG_7426
I love a good kitchen shot - I think this was taken on Christmas Eve...

IMG_7428
Dad

IMG_7431
My dad as a new born! I asked my Grandma if she could tell which kid this was, and she knew instantly because of the shoes. Apparently my Grandpa was adamant that each kid had new pairs of shoes and new mattresses when they were born.


IMG_7432
Grandma, Grandpa and Dad.

IMG_7433
Toddler Dad

IMG_7436
Dad and his Grandpa Frank

IMG_7445
Great Grandpa Frank and Great Grandma Mayme

IMG_7447
Mayme - she was beautiful. I remember visiting her in her apartment and she would always have freshly baked goodies waiting for us. She also had a huge fake bowl of green grapes sitting on her buffet.

IMG_7448
Family dinner.

IMG_7449

IMG_7451
I think this was my Granpa's Grandma, Anna.

IMG_7452
Dad is on the far right.

IMG_7455
Dad is the one sitting on the left - JUST KIDDING. That is my uncle Tom.

IMG_7457
Again, Dad on the left.

IMG_7429
Me and my sister!

It was a lot of fun looking through all the photos with my family. My Grandma is going to be moving into assisted living soon, so I imagine we'll come across a lot more as we go through her house.

2 comments:

  1. I love looking at old pictures! I found some a few days ago when I was cleaning out our office. Not of my parents, but of my cousins. I'm going to try to get over to my Mom's this weekend to dig out some more goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking back at old photos is so much fun! I sorted through a ton from Chris's family and had to keep asking which kid was which - he and his brother look a lot a like, especially as little kids!

    ReplyDelete