Sunday, July 17, 2011

good timing

Today is my first official day of training for the Twin Cities Marathon.

Of course I don't have a plan put together yet, that would be just too smart.

But there are only 11 weeks to go, so I figured I'd better get my rear in gear.

On tap for today, a nice and easy long run of 13-15 miles.

I am dreading it just a little.

Why?

Picture 1

Because at 7:00AM it is already 82 degrees, but feels like 89 degrees.

And the week is only going to get worse.

Cheers! To marathon training...

3 comments:

  1. Just think about how nice and cool it will be on Oct 2nd... hopefully!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I am entering the second week of the Couch to 5K program. The heat is definitely not something that will keep me motivated. I have a feeling I'll end up doing each workout later in the evening to avoid the heat as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep hearing on the news how awful the weather is for you in the midwest. I feel for you, but it's coming this way, so pretty soon we'll be suffering WITH you too :)

    ReplyDelete