Sunday, August 21, 2011

chocolate truffle raspberry float

Enjoying an iced coffee is one of my favorite ways to cool off on a hot summer day. When I am out and about for work, I might stop by a local coffee joint to pick up some sort of cold drink for an afternoon pick-me-up. And then approximately three seconds later I cringe as I shell out the four to six bucks for a cup of coffee blended with ice.

Sometimes this is a necessary evil, but this summer I have been trying to forego the coffee shop delights in favor of some delicious homemade treats - like this Chocolate Truffle Raspberry Float.

IMG_8962

As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received two free bags of Godiva Coffee, and the second I saw one of the bags was a Chocolate Truffle blend, I knew I would be pairing it with some fresh raspberries for a cool summertime treat.

Chocolate Truffle Raspberry Float

In the mix::

  • 1 cup brewed Godiva Chocolate Truffle coffee, chilled
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk
  • 1 T cocoa powder
  • 2 T chocolate protein powder
  • 1 t corn starch
  • 1-2 cup ice cubes
  • 1 pint raspberries, frozen
  • 2 chopped bananas, frozen
  • 2 T coconut milk


To prepare::
In a blender, mix the coffee, 1/2 cup coconut milk, cocoa powder, protein powder, corn starch and ice cubes until well blended. Pour into two glasses.

In a food processor, add the raspberries, bananas and 2 tablespoons of coconut milk. Process until smooth and creamy.

Dollop a large spoonful of the raspberry "ice cream" on top of the iced coffee.

Enjoy!

IMG_8968

This was delicious served right away and the raspberry ice cream stole the show - I will be making that again and again until the snow falls. I was left with at least one serving of the coffee mixture and another serving of the ice cream - which I stored in the freezer to enjoy another time (like an hour later!). Dare I say, I liked it better the next day?

After removing the coffee mixture and letting it thaw for just a few minutes on the counter, I chipped away and was left with chocolate truffle shaved iced, which I topped with some of the raspberry ice cream, and then died and went to heaven. The flavors were mellow and reminded my of Neapolitan ice cream. I promptly emailed myself with a reminder to make a mock Neapolitan ice cream in the coming weeks.

Thanks Godiva and Foodbuzz!

No comments:

Post a Comment