Wednesday, December 5, 2012

2012 holiday party

Nic and I threw a stellar holiday party last Sunday.

I channeled my inner girl scout and crafted, baked and cooked up a storm for about 50 of our lovely friends, co-workers and neighbors.

Decorations were hung (after collecting dust for three years), lights were lit, and the table was set. 

IMG_1205

Goodie boxes for our guests to take home were assembled.

The spread. Toasted hazelnut chocolate chip cookies, candied orange peels, pumpkin cashew cheesecake trifle, peppermint cashew cheesecake, award winning blueberry swirl cashed cheesecake, sun dried tomato basil bread with white bean aioli, kalamata tarrag

Ready to go.

IMG_1210
The grub; sun-dried tomato basil bread with white bean aioli

IMG_1211
Kalamata tarragon bread with creamy kalamata spread

IMG_1212
Sweet potato quinoa salad

IMG_1213

IMG_1214
Granola crusted pecans and walnuts

IMG_1215
Hoisin garlic mushrooms

IMG_1216
Candy cane cashew cheesecake

IMG_1218
Pumpkin cashew cheesecake trifle and my award winning blueberry swirl cashew cheesecake

IMG_1219
A favorite, toasted hazelnut chocolate chip cookies, and candied orange peels

IMG_1221

IMG_1222
Mucho beer, wine, cider and cranberry vodka cocktail

IMG_1227
Our guests took home a variety of macaroons and candied orange peels

IMG_1228
A pinterest project...

IMG_1230

IMG_1232

IMG_1234
Pre-dinner drink

IMG_1241
And our guests!

IMG_1242
We met some new people, which is always fun.

IMG_1243

IMG_1251
And hung out with some fellow Rotarians!

IMG_1264

IMG_1267

IMG_1268
Take my picture!

Vodka cranberry cocktail for.the.win.
And now let me drink!

IMG_1272
One goodie box left for Nic and I to share.

Planned the food perfectly too! Not much left over after the final guests left at 10:30.
And not much food to put away.

My inner girl scout came out and I got crafty!

IMG_1277

IMG_1279
I am so crafty...

IMG_1280

My beautiful handiwork...
Tangled in all of the lights while cleaning after our last guests left at 10:30.

IMG_1285
We made sure everything was glowing,

IMG_1284
thanks to Nic's ingenious idea.

IMG_1286

IMG_1289

IMG_1291
Simple. Wrinkled. Perfect.

Cookie cutter garland. Love.
Cookie cutter garland. 
(Notice the patio door wide open. At 10:30PM. On December 2nd.)

IMG_1294IMG_1295IMG_1296IMG_1297

We had such a fantastic time and I am literally chomping at the bit to plan another party.


9 comments:

  1. Geez, Kier, where do you find the time to be such an awesome hostess? You're making the rest of us look bad!! ;) I hope you'll be posting some recipes -- everything looks/sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment! It really was a joy to plan this party for our friends - I was totally in the zone for all the planning, preparing and hostessing. If only I could do this for a living. Having Fridays off helps to plan a party, plus having it on a Sunday night gave me an extra day to get everything ready! I will post recipes soon....

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too cute! :o) Looks like a great party!! What was in the big drink container with the cranberries? It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 bottles of cranberry juice, 1 bottle vodka, juice from 3 oranges, juice from 2 limes, 2 limes, slices, 1.5 bags frozen cranberries, 3 cinnamon sticks (not necessary???). It was goooood.

      Delete
  4. Now this is one party I sure wish I could have attended! You really did think of everything, right down to the accent lighting. Seriously inspiring/merry-making!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Maybe I should plan an Iowa blogger party??

      Delete
  5. this holiday party looks out of this world amazing!!!! i wish i could have been there. that sweet potato quinoa salad looks UNBELIEVABLE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And the salad was amazing, even better the next day wrapped up in a tortilla with some of the left over white bean aioli.

      I will be posting recipes at some point, hopefully this weekend!

      Delete