Saturday, December 1, 2012

a bit of thanksgiving

I thought I'd better share just a bit of our Thanksgiving before we host our holiday party on Sunday in a house decked out with lights, tree, garland - the whole works. {This is big, we haven't decorated an inch of our house in over three years}.

We decided quite last minute that we would head up to Garden City to spend Thanksgiving with my family. And you can guess I went a little crazy the day before prepping and baking a few things to bring with and share.

IMG_1033

And then those few things turned into a feast.

IMG_1034

And dessert of course.

The only thing that kept me going were the cupcakes, carbs and coffee.

IMG_1035

In fact, I think I turned in to the monster on my coffee mug.

Regardless, I got everything done, put all of those carbohydrates to good use (10.63 mile run for.the.win.) and was ready to hit the road bright and early on Thanksgiving morning.

IMG_1093

IMG_1094

IMG_1095

IMG_1096
(hardly edited)

5 hours of time with family was sandwiched between our 5 hour drive that we used to catch up and listen to a book on tape cd iPhone.

A walk in the woods with Nic, Maia, my cousin and her pup was the highlight of the day, followed closely by the pumpkin cheesecake cake that I brought.

It was seriously off the hook and left the other three pies for leftovers.

IMG_1106

The recipe will be coming soon.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Holy crap, it's December.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures; love them. Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Yup... hard to believe it's December!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the mug, Kier and fabulous pictures plus scrumptious 'cheesecake'!!!

    ReplyDelete