Sunday, July 10, 2011

fourth of july - take three: the way home

After a very fun time camping (for the most part) and a great time with family celebrating my grandma's 80th birthday, Nic and I packed up the car and headed up to Rochester to grab drinks with my friend from college and her family.

Drinks turned into dinner and before you knew it, we had been there for quite some time.

IMG_7473

IMG_7474

IMG_7475

IMG_7494

I made a new best friend, she rocks.

IMG_7477

We decided to meander our way home and weren't quite sure if we were going to camp again. Setting up an eight person tent for two people seemed a little ridiculous.

So we enjoyed the views:

IMG_7499

IMG_7505

{I totally turned into my mother-in-law on the way home and made Nic pull the car over so I could snap some photos...what is happening to me?! :) }

IMG_7507

IMG_7509

IMG_7515

...made a pit stop in Decorah for a quick walk around town, and pulled into our driveway around 1:30AM.

It was a fantastic Fourth.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been camping in forever, I miss it. Beautiful sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moley...what STUNNING shots! I am so impressed! They're perfect!

    ReplyDelete