Sunday, September 18, 2011

while nic is away...

Turns out, I am uber productive as a single lady. I kind of like it...no offense of course Nic!

I've tackled 90% of the produce I picked up at Washington's and Iowa City's farmers market and had to stop only because I ran out of freezer space! We have a small chest freezer, but it might be time to upgrade.

Here is all of the produce I purchased this week:
  IMG_9790
Iowa City

IMG_9765
Washington


I have yet to take care of the apples (apple sauce/butter) and zucchini (bread). Pretty darn good!! I will post tomorrow (hopefully) about what I made.

I forgot to include this photo in the post about the Iowa City's farmers market - check out this sunrise! What a great way to start the day.

IMG_9788

Besides working on food today, I managed to sneak in a 16 mile run (8:46 pace). Which by the way, the oatmeal apple cider pancakes did a phenomenal job keeping me fueled for each and every mile! It was a very dreary, rainy run, but I enjoyed it. I listened to the first two discs of "Born to Run." I've read it before, but thought it would be appropriate to listen to it agin with just a few days left before the Twin Cities Marathon.

I also managed to work on getting the house ready for some guests that will be arriving next week. Our good friends, Ben and Debbie, along with their son, are moving back to Washington from Alaska and will be staying with us until they find a house.

We have a long list of things to check off before they get here, and one item was to install new curtains in the guest room. Well (Nic, you might want to stop reading right about now), Bed Bath & Beyond sucked me in its doors yesterday and I walked about quite a bit poorer, but with an arm full of goodies for the house! And a desire to not only update the guest room, but ours as well.

Take a look!

Our bedroom before:

IMG_9889
There was a tall dresser to the left of the bed, which I removed to the guest room - hence all of my clothes on the bed.

And after!

IMG_9890
New curtains, different dresser, organized books

IMG_9899IMG_9901
I repurposed a few things around the house for bookends, love it!

IMG_9903 IMG_9904
Need to figure out what to do as far as curtains for the second, smaller, window. And a rehung painting.


The guest room before:

IMG_9907
Normally it is not this messy. Wait, that is a lie. It is normally this messy, but just with piles upon piles of clean clothes that we never fold.

And after!

IMG_9912
As a compromise to myself (and to save some $$) I re-used our curtains in the guest room. Not what I had in mind, but it works.

And just to ease Nic's mind, as I am certain he was scared to leave me this weekend knowing I was planning on spending all waking hours in the kitchen, here is a photo of the kitchen from just a few minutes ago.

IMG_9916

Rest your weary mind husband of mine, and rest easy tonight! (I totally paid someone to clean for me...)

IMG_9796
Jack liked it when I was too busy to clean...


I have a very early wake up call tomorrow, but want to finish watching The King's Speech first. I fell asleep half way through last night.

G'night!

4 comments:

  1. Anytime you want to come over here and clean and organize, you are more than welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the re-organization and decoration. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do cats love bags so much??

    Your house looks great! Sounds like a productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete